Saturday, January 24, 2009

Read Clive Barker, make a friend...

To make the most of my time, I do my best to multitask whenever I am on my long commute from Dau to San Fernando or vice-versa. Most of the time, I will try to eat, listen to music, and read, all at the same time.



I'm on one of my multitasking moments last night, listening to Paramore's Riot! and reading Clive Barker's Imajica, when a guy next to me started talking. I thought he was talking to someone else, but realized after a few minutes that he was trying to get my attention.


I saw him getting excited when he saw the book that I was reading and he asked me if I am a Clive Barker fan, and in all honesty, I said I am. And we hit it off just like that.

He lovingly talked about his action figures of Pinhead, his collection of Clive Barker sketches, the movies that he had watched and some of the shows that he had attended.

For my part, I shared some of the books that I have read and my awe towards Clive Barker's imagination. He also kept saying he is amazed as to the depth of Clive Barker's imagination.

He said he does not like Twilight because it somehow degraded vampires. Vampires are immortal, predatory beings and should remain that way. Not like a love-struck teenager.

He even gave me his number and asked me to get in touch with him if I want to see his collection. And his parting words were: "Pare, huwag kang bibitiw, marami tayo..." (Friend, don't lose faith, you are not alone.)

No comments: