Saturday, October 11, 2008

Paul Potts' Nessun Dorma

I was driving My Love to work a few days ago and out of the blue, she asked me if I've already heard Paul Potts rendition of Nessun Dorma.

Its a bit of a shock, but a good news all the same, because I have never known My Love to have an inclination in liking classical music. I love the classics and it will be a good way for My Love and I to bond by talking about the classical music that we like to listen to.

I told her that what I have heard was the version of Luciano Pavarotti and I have a cassette tape if she wants to hear it.

She was adamant in wanting to hear Paul Potts version because she was told that it was a very emotional, involving rendition. I promised her that I will try to get a copy of the song.

Our little talk had rekindled in me one of the things that I love doing... listening to the classics. I love everything about the classics, from classical guitars to operas, from Beethoven, to Tchaikovsky, to Puccini, to Mozart, to Bach, to Chopin.

I started listening to them on a radio station, 98.7 DZFE. Its the only station I know that plays classical music. Check out their site at http://dzfe.febc.ph/.

My favorite has always been Tchaikovsky, because of the intensity of personal emotions flowing through his music. Whenever I listen to his Violin Concerto in D, I always get teary-eyed.


Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky

There's much to say about my liking classical music, but what I would like to tell you is to try listening to it. Yes, it can get a bit boring sometimes, but what you have to do is to try to nurture the emotions being evoked by the music.

As for Paul Potts, I haven't had the chance to listen to him sing Nessun Dorma yet. You are lucky because you will be able to listen to him first, here's a youtube video of him singing the aria. The computer that I am using right now does not have the sound drivers installed so don't worry:

No comments: