Thursday, October 9, 2008

Goodbye AOL Journals, Hello Blogger.com


Yes, sign of the times, changes happen that will give you an idea on the status and health of the company.

First it was Xdrive and AOL Pictures, now its AOL Journals and AOL Hometown/FTP.

AOL Journals and AOL Hometown/FTP will sunset come October 31, and it was a good things that AOL had given members the option to migrate their journals to Blogger.com.

I've finished migrating all of my AOL Journals to Blogger.com, and gratefully, it was an easy enough process. The migration sa semi-automatic, you just need to sign on to Blogger, provide your AOL Journal url after making it public, provide your AOL or AIM credentials, and wahlah! migrated to Blogger.com.

I had to tweak the blogs a few, but it all in all, it was an easy process.

And for posterity's sake, here is a screen shot of my blog. Come October 31, I will no longer see this:


No comments: