Monday, October 13, 2008

Emulators

I love computer games.

I started with Wolfenstein 3D, playing on my friend Ruben's computer when I was in college.  What I would do then was go to their house in Sindalan, play until midnight and if I was not able to catch a ride, I will sleep next to him on the floor. I did this a few times and only stopped when I noticed that Ben was starting to get annoyed.



I was able to buy my own computer while working for BPI Family Bank, and my gaming progressed to Heretic, Hexen II, Doom 1 & 2, and Quake 1 & 2.



I had to ditch my old PC after a few years since I want to play the newer games. So I build my own PC (my new rig and how I built it is here: My mobo is an upgrader's dream :-) ).

With my new rig, I was able to play some of my favorite games: Call of Duty 1, United Offensive, 2, 4, Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne, and the Command and Conquer series.



But what of emulators? Well, its the thing that's keeping me busy right now. Emulators are computer software that imitates the workings of arcade games, consoles, and handhelds.

Some of my favorite emulators are:

Neo-RageX - emulates a lot of arcade games. I am able to play Metal Slug and Aero Fighter with this baby.



Project64 - emulates Nintendo 64 games. With this one, I can play Mario Kart, Castlevania, Mortal Kombat.



ePSXe - a Playstation 1 emulator, and a very good one. I am playing Silent Hill, Tekken 3 and  Alien Trilogy with this one



PSXfin - another Playstation 1 emulator. With this one, I am playing Marvel vs. Capcom, King of Fighter's 99, and Metal Slug X.



No comments: