Monday, August 10, 2009

Mirror of Erised


Yes, I am re-reading Harry Potter and I am planning going from Book 1 to Book 7.

This is the first time that I will ever do this. I have read a lot of books and I need to read a lot more, but I feel that, after finishing HP & the Deathly Hallows, something is still not right, I feel that I am still missing a lot of things.

And one of the questions that has bugged me is: What does Dumbledore see on the Mirror of Erised.

Dumbledore insisted that he sees himself holding a pair of thick, woolen socks. But I have to agreed with Harry that Dumbledore might not have been quite truthful. And I am right to agree.

There are a lot of speculation on what Dumbledore had seen in the mirror, but as it happens, this has already been answered by Ms. Rowling on one of her chat sessions with fans, I think.

If you have read Book 1 to Book 7, (as I know, almost all of you have done) you already know the answer on what's Dumbledore's heart's desire.

No comments: