Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Amethyst Street Through the Eyes of a Myopic

Been a long time, long time.. wawa naman blog ko, kaya update ko ng isang old poem muna.



Amethyst Street Through the Eyes of a Myopic


I always have trouble
  finding, seeing my way,
As I tread this road,
  as I walk here everyday.

I would hear the birds
  swinging, chirping a lonely tune,
But when I stop to look,
  they would vanish in the afternoon

The wind would softly blow,
  caressing my weary face,
But I can never ever see
  the grass, dancing full of grace.

I would see a boy,
  flying, holding a kite
And I would try to look up
  but could not see it from its flight.

As I reach our house,
  standing by the rusty gate,
I would try to look back
  as my heart disintegrate.

So much I have missed
  walking by Amethyst Street,
If this would always happen
  my days would never be complete.

Sadly, I would bow down my head,
  feeling my heart filled with regret,
I could have always enjoyed nature's beauty
  if my glasses I seldom forget...

--0--

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovely Harris! I always have admired your writing my friend