Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Very Special Love



I have a common stereotype about Filipino movies: uncreative plot, dialogues that sucks, and boring settings. But these stereotypes are probably my fault, as a rarely give Pinoy movies a chance in changing my mind by not watching them (yes, I'm crazy, hehehe).

Its a good thing that naamoy ko na some girlfriends of mine will be watching a movie and I tagged along, not really knowing what they will be watching. When I learned that we will be watching "A Very Special Love," I said to myself that I wasted my 5 hours of undertime.
Well, I guess I spoke too soon because I enjoyed most of it.

Its has the usual plot, in love si "not so mayaman" girl sa mayamang guy; guy struggles to be acknowledged, the reason why he cannot admit that he is in love, and ang mayaman maraming problema, and ang "not so mayaman" palaging masaya.

But the movie is fun and there are a lot of scenes na natawa ako, gaya nung Sun Dance in Laida, nung sabihin ni Migs na Laida will be working close with him and Laida daydreaming, asked "Gaano ka close?" while their faces are a few inches from each other, the "Ang ganda mo" comment of Matet.

The mushy scenes are also ok, not too mushy pero you will see that John Lloyd and Sarah were comfortable with each other.

Ang hindi ko lang maintindihan eh bakit walang kissing scene? Granted na parang di naman kailangang mag kiss kiss sila, pero parang kulang. Doon ako nabitin.

Tapos, what's with Sarah's hair? Wig ba iyon. Well, anyway...


No comments: